Public Services

Minnesota VINE

The Minnesota State Victim Notification Service (VINE) is an anonymous, free, online service through which victims of crime can use the telephone or Internet to search for information regarding their offender's custody status and register to receive telephone and e-mail notification when the offender's custody status changes.

Under Minnesota law, victims of offenders in a Department of Corrections (DOC.) facility have additional rights to notification and information; including notice of conditions of release, additional notification related to released predatory offenders, notification of transfers to a less secure facility, and, if the offender re-enters a facility, that offender's subsequent release. Receiving this information and notifications is not automatic; victims of DOC offenders who would like to request notification of release, as well as the other notices and information they are entitled to, may submit their request through Minnesota CHOICE or contact the DOC Victim Assistance Program.

This service is brought to you by the Becker County Sheriff's Office and the Minnesota Department of Corrections Victim Assistance Program. To contact Minnesota VINE:

If you feel that you may be at risk, please take precautions as if the offender has already been released.

Civilian Fingerprinting

The Becker County Jail does civil fingerprints as a public service for the community for background checks, for employment, foster care, adoption, permit to carry, housing, etc.

  • Location: Becker County Jail - 1428 Stony Rd, Detroit Lakes, MN 56501
  • Ink prints only - NOT IdentoGo compatible
  • Payment: $25.00 CASH ONLY - Bring a Government Photo ID
  • By appointment only: Morning and afternoon times available, call for an appointment.
  • Please call: 218-847-2939 option 4
  • Do not bring children with.

For Criminal Prints/Order for Booking:  Please call for an appointment. Please allow approximately 30 – 60 minutes for Criminal Prints, bring a current/valid picture I.D. & your court paperwork that shows your charges. This paperwork needs to be signed for court. Without this information you may be turned away.