Becker County Prioritization Guidelines
If a report contains any of the following, we will open an investigation and provide immediate services due to imminent danger or risk of
serious harm to a vulnerable adult.
- The vulnerable adult has no food and no access or resources to obtain food.
- The vulnerable adult has a dangerous level of exposure to extreme temperatures.
- The vulnerable adult needs immediate medical care, without access or resources to obtain it.
- The vulnerable adult is dependent on others, unable to provide one's own care, and is suddenly without a caregiver.
- Physical or sexual abuse is reported, and the vulnerable adult is reported to have observable injuries.
When a report contains allegations of a collective loss of $500.00 or more in financial exploitation of a vulnerable adult, we
could open an investigation. Losses that do not result in deprivation of necessary food, clothing, shelter or healthcare for the
vulnerable adult may be screened out.
When we receive a report involving allegations of abuse between two vulnerable adults we will not open an investigation unless
there is an allegation of serious harm or a real benefit can be anticipated due to our involvement.
Allegations against guardians appointed through the jurisdiction of White Earth Tribal Nation are referred to the Tribal Council Social Worker.
We do not investigate reports involving the death of a vulnerable adult if the allegation is self-neglect.
When we receive reports of self-neglect against vulnerable adults, and the person has a case manager, we do not investigate. We discuss
the report and service needs with the case manager. The case manager may authorize additional supports or enlist the help of the person
and the support team to meet needs of the vulnerable adult.