Rusty D. Haskins - Director
Comfortable, Friendly Economical Transportation for Everyone
Anyone Can Ride: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
We will provide DOOR-TO-DOOR service to passengers with special needs.
This means we will come to the door of your residence to assist you into our
vehicle. (You must be at your door and ready to go).
Wheel Chair and Mobility Aid Securement
All wheelchairs and electronic scooters shall face the front of the bus.
Handicapped riders are encouraged to transfer from mobility aid to bus seat
if possible. If the rider remains in wheelchair, wheelchair will be secured
with securement device and seat belts available on our vehicles. Riders
using walkers or having problems can utilize the electric lift to access bus
if they wish (ask driver). Stairways-Drivers will only negotiate one step
when assisting rider in wheelchair. Household wheelchair ramps shall be
inspected by transit supervisor before use.
Bus Rider Safety
All bus drivers are trained professionals with the utmost concern for
your safety. You want a safe, clean, comfortable ride, as do your fellow
riders. Be considerate and follow simple, common-sense rules.
- Keep arms, legs, packages, and other personal items out of
- No eating, no drinking, and no open containers on the bus.
- No smoking.
- No radios without earphones.
- No roller blades or in-line skates.
The use of threatening behavior or vulgar language will
result in your being asked to leave the bus. We will not
transport unattended children under the age of four years. All
children younger than 4 years must be in approved car seat. Becker
County Transit does not provide car seats. We will not
transport animals, other than service animals, unless in commercial
travel crate and by prior arrangement. Hearing and Seeing Eye Dogs are
allowed on all vehicles.
All riders are asked to wear seat belts. Disabled riders and riders
under age 18 are required to wear seatbelts.
- Schedule your appointments a day or two ahead of time.
- Don't be a "No Show." Call us if your plans have changed.
- Let the Dispatcher know if you have special needs.
- Be aware that our buses will only wait three minutes at each stop
before moving on to next pick-up.
- Be aware that our buses will not wait at your stop but must move on
to the next rider right away.
- Riders who live more than 5 miles out of Detroit Lakes should give
us one day's advance notice for ride.
- Do not make ride arrangements with the drivers. Please call our
All riders are charged the same fare.
The Transit fare is $1.50 per 5-mile increment, i.e.,
Audubon $3.00, Frazee $4.50.
Escorts assisting disabled riders are not required to pay (for medical appointments only). No fare is
required for children in car seats.
For information regarding commuter transit routes between Detroit Lakes
and Fargo, please visit: