Marriage License Applications
A marriage license must be applied for in person at the Becker County Recorder's
Office. Applicants don't have to be Becker County residents. Both parties
need to be present to complete the application. You must know the
following information for both parties:
- Full Names - before and after marriage
- Addresses - before and after marriage
- Counties where each person lives
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Social Security Numbers
- If previously married, we need the date the last marriage was terminated,
county, and state. If by divorce, we also need the type of court. If
the marriage ended by death, we need to know the date of the death.
- $115 without the premarital education "Certificate of Completion" or $40 with
the completed and signed Statement of Premarital Education form.
- Fee must be paid by cash or check at the time you apply for the license.
In the State of Minnesota there is a five day waiting period after you apply for
the license before the marriage can take place. The license may be used anywhere
in Minnesota. The license must be used within six months or it becomes voided.
Checks are to be made payable to the Becker County Recorder. We do not
accept credit or debit cards. Orders are NOT accepted via telephone or internet.