Ensure the Capability of our Employees and Field Operators
The success of our performance depends on our employees and the many independent field operators that operate on our lands.
The Natural Resources Management Department will:
- Ensure that all employees have the skills, education, training, and competence to perform their responsibilities with the highest
degree of professionalism.
- Identify training requirements and establish training plans for all departmental employees and ensure these requirements are achieved.
- Provide all employees with access to all procedures, self-assessment activities, and monitoring results.
- Establish qualification and evaluation procedures to ensure that we use qualified Field Operators to conduct our land management
- Train employees and operators on sustainable management principles and best management practices.
- Promote the professionalism of forestry employees and field operators by contributing to training and education programs and providing
personnel to assist in the State Logger Education programs.