Efficient utilization is about ensuring that we realize the full value of the resource, do not create waste, and maximize the
use of trees that we harvest. The Natural Resources Management Department will promote efficient utilization by:
- Using appropriate technology and methods during harvesting operations and on-site manufacturing processes to:
- Promote efficient utilization of forest resources.
- Minimize waste.
- Minimize residual damage.
- Establish timber scaling procedures to encourage purchasers of timber sales to utilize the trees they harvest.
- Actively inspect operations for utilization.