Denise Warren - Human Services Director
Human Services News...
The Becker County Human Services Department is developing the Minnesota Family Investment Program Plan for 2018-2019. Citizen participation is invited and encouraged in the development of this plan and the intended use of these funds. More info... | Review plan...
Becker County Human Services has the 2018-2019 Child Care Assistance draft plan available for public review. The plan will be available for review until September 29, 2017 and can be obtained at the Becker County Human Services building at 712 Minnesota Ave, Detroit Lakes, MN.
Becker County Human Services was informed by the MN Dept of Human Services (DHS) that the Income Maintenance Unit has met the timeliness rate goal of 96% or higher in both SNAP Expedited & 30-Day Processing of application processing for the full year (Jan-Dec 2016). DHS has provided Becker County Human Services with a certificate of congratulations for their efforts. The Becker County Board also expressed their thanks and congratulations at the April 18th board meeting for a job well done. Congratulations, Income Maintenance staff for your hard work!
Counties and tribes must submit a biennial Child Care Plan to the Commissioner of DHS. The 2016-2017 Becker County and Tribal Child Care Plan is now available for public review and comment. View plan...
The mission of Becker County Human Services is to promote safety, health and self-sufficiency by delivering comprehensive,
fiscally responsible services to individuals and families.
The Human Services Director is an appointed position. The agency offers two basic kinds of services:
- Financial Support - to promote self-sufficiency of the residents of Becker County through the programs and services we
administer and referrals to community resources.
- Social Services - subject to a sliding fee schedule.
- See a brief video with an Overview of the Affordable Care Act, which is a component of Minnesota's health reform efforts.
- Learn more about Health Reform in Minnesota.
- MNsure has an easy-to-use website where you can search and compare plans, a telephone hotline at 1-855-366-7873 where you can call
to talk with someone about your options, and places where you can sign up in your community.