Skip link #3:
Skip to section/department menu
Special Wastes Program
FREE for Becker County residential households and now also businesses.
Appliances for Recycling
- Kitchen stove/oven
- Clothes washer & dryer
* The above appliances are recycled.
* Humidifiers and water softeners are considered trash and are put in the transfer trailer for disposal (and not in the appliance pile for recycling).
Bulbs (limit 10 per visit)
- 4 foot fluorescent
- 8 foot fluorescent
* Specialty bulbs (e.g. High intensity bulbs) are a regular rate
* Ballasts containing PCB's are $2.00 each
Tires (passenger vehicle limit 4 per visit)
- Car tire
- Pick-up truck tire
* Large truck and tractor tires are at regular price
Must bring waste oil in smaller containers due to 3 steps up to the waste receptacle
FEE Based Special Wastes
Electronics - $10.00
- TV Sets (any size)
- Computer monitors & towers (any size, including flat screen)