This program gives businesses easy access to a cost-effective means of disposal, avoiding risks of potential environmental,
financial, health and safety problems.
A Very Small Quantity Generator (VSQG) does not signify the size of the company/institution, but refers to the amount of
hazardous waste generated.
- This program will accept up to 2,200 pounds each year of hazardous waste from VSQG's. In order to qualify, you must
generate less than 220 pounds of hazardous waste per month and have a valid generator identification number.
- For businesses with accumulated wastes, there is a one-time cleanout allowance
- Wastes accepted by appointment only
The Becker County VSQG Program will help you:
- Dispose of hazardous waste safely
- Dispose of hazardous waste affordably
Becker County can assist in the entire process:
- We can help you apply for a State hazardous waste identification number if needed.
- We will provide an information packet and application form for your use.
- We will provide guidelines and labels for your business to dispose of waste safely.
- We will set up an appointment for drop-off; waste will not be accepted without appointment.
- Payment must be cash or check at the time of drop off unless prior charge account approval has been set up with Becker County Environmental Services.
A partial list of hazardous wastes accepted from a Very Small Quantity Generator:
- Acids and Bases
- Cleaning Agents
- Paints (oil and latex)
- Paint related products
- Wood preservatives
- Waste inks
Wastes NOT accepted:
Generator Size - to use this Licensed Very Small Quantity Generator (VSQG) Consolidation Program,
your business must qualify as one of the following:
- Very Small Quantity Generator (VSQG): generates less than 220 pounds (or 22 gallons liquid) of non-acute hazardous waste per calendar month.
- Minimal Quantity Generator (MQG): generates less than 100 pounds (or 10 gallons liquid) of hazardous waste per calendar year.
- One-time generator (OTG): generates and dispose of less than 2,200 pound of hazardous waste as a one-time clean out. Your business no longer generates hazardous waste in its normal business processes.